This A4-sized certificate includes information on three generations of your pedigree dog's ancestry, including Kennel Club registration number, breed, colour of all the dogs on the pedigree, sex, date of birth, microchip number, tattoo number and breeder. Please note: You must be the current owner of the dog to be eligible for this certificate to be issued.
Please do not request if you are not the current owner, but request either the 5 generation or enhanced 5 generation pedigree.
- Discover your dog's ancestry
- Champion titles will be denoted via a prefix to the dog's name
- You must be the current owner of the dog to be eligible for this certificate to be issued. Please do not request if you are not the current owner, but request either the five generation pedigree or enhanced five generation pedigree
Terms and conditions
- Can be sent to any requested address
- Cannot be used in place of an Export Pedigree
- Please note that you cannot purchase a certificate for a dog born before 1983, any purchases will be refunded
- Delivery is expected within 10 working days of receipt of the order
- Postage and packaging is included in fee
Frequently asked questions
My dog is not registered with The Kennel Club. Can I order a pedigree?
You can only order a Pedigree Certificate for a dog who is registered on The Kennel Club Breed Register.
I don’t know my dog's registration name/number. Can I order a certificate?
To ensure we are sending the document for the correct dog, the registration name and number must be quoted on the certificate order.
Can I order a pedigree if I am not the registered owner?
No, only the registered owner of the dog can order a Three Generation Pedigree.
I need the certificate to be posted to an alternative address. Can I request this?
We can send a Three Generation Pedigree to an address of the applicant's choosing.
I need to re-register my dog with an overseas kennel club. Can I use this certificate?
For most import applications with an overseas kennel club, a certified Export Pedigree is required. However, Irish Kennel Club, Guernsey Kennel Club or Kennel Club of Jersey may only require a certified Three Generation Pedigree.
Why are there champion titles missing from my dog's ancestry?
We now only record champion titles gained at a national show from the dog's country of origin. We require certified copies of the appropriate Champion Certificates in order for the titles to be added.
Can my pedigree be emailed to me?
The certificate will be delivered by post. Unfortunately we do not offer an email service.
Enhanced 5 Generation Pedigree
This A3-sized certificate is printed on high-quality paper and includes colour printing with champions printed in red text.
A quarterly publication, in which all litter registrations, changes of ownership, imports, exports, awards, health tests and registration statistics are listed by breed and sold by group.
Becoming an affiliate can be a rewarding and productive way of contributing to The Kennel Club's overall aim "to promote in every way the general improvement of dogs".