We are the largest organisation in the UK devoted to dog health, welfare and training.
Our objective is to ensure that dogs live healthy, happy lives with responsible owners.
Discover more about the work we do
Registration and breeding
- We run the UK's largest registration database for pedigree dogs and an activity register for crossbreed dogs
- We run the Petlog database, which is one of the UK's biggest reunification services for microchipped animals
- We are accredited by UKAS to certify members of The Kennel Club Assured Breeders, which is the UK's only scheme that monitors breeders in order to protect the welfare of puppies and breeding bitches
Dog training and activities
- We run the UK's largest dog training programme, The Kennel Club Good Citizen Dog Scheme. We also license shows and clubs which provide a range of activities. Find your nearest Good Citizen dog training club
- We help people to enjoy fun sports and activities with their dogs. We run Crufts, the world's great dog show, which started in 1891. We license more than 4,500 other dog shows and events annually. We also run the International Agility Festival, the world's largest dog agility event. Learn more about our events and shows
- We are committed to providing education and advice to puppy buyers to ensure that they find a responsible breeder and buy the right breed for their lifestyle. We run the annual Discover Dogs event, which is a fun family day held in London, where visitors can meet over 200 breeds of dog, find out about all aspects of dog care and understand how to buy a dog responsibly. Read more about getting the right dog for you
Charity and dog health
- The Kennel Club Charitable Trust supports research into dog diseases and supports dog welfare charities. This includes The Kennel Club Breed Rescue organisations, which re-home dogs and assist dog charities. Looking for a rescue dog? Use our Find a Puppy service
- We jointly run health screening schemes with the British Veterinary Association (BVA) and, through The Kennel Club Charitable Trust, we fund The Kennel Club Genetics Centre at the Animal Health Trust (AHT), which is at the forefront of pioneering research into dog health
- The Kennel Club Cancer Centre at the Animal Health Trust (AHT) contributes to the AHT's well-established cancer research programme, helping to further improve dog health. Learn more about what we do for dog health
Become a part of The Kennel Club
We offer a number of different memberships at The Kennel Club. Read more about the benefits of each, and find a membership that's right for you.
Download our Annual Report
Our Annual Report details our work and achievements from the past 12 months.
Discover the history of The Kennel Club
Why did The Kennel Club begin? When did we begin running Crufts? Learn more about our history.
Read our publications
Why not read the latest online edition of The Kennel Club Journal? If you'd like to receive our magazine filled with interesting dog features and all the news from the canine world, you can explore the full range of publications in our online shop.
We value our strong relationships with leading organisations, who help to ensure we provide the best advice, guidance and services to dogs and their owners. Read about our partners.
Marketing and advertising opportunities
The Kennel Club has a range of commercial opportunities available and we work with many businesses to supply our database of dog owners with great value, quality products to suit their needs. We have contact with many thousands of dog owners, breeders, trainers and competitors every year. Are you interested in working with us? Learn more about our marketing and advertising opportunities.