Terms and conditions
- If your dog is already registered with a breed club, this must be an established parent club e.g. ISDS (International Sheep Dog Society)
- The breed must be recognised on the Breed Register
- Once the application has been approved, documents will be despatched usually within 28 working days of receipt of the application
- Please ensure all information is accurately completed, as queries with your application may cause delay
Frequently asked questions
Which breed clubs are accepted?
The Kennel Club will accept single dog registrations from the following clubs:
- ISDS (International Sheep Dog Society)
- The Greyhound Stud Book
- The Fox Hound Association
My dog is not registered with a breed club. Can I apply?
This application is only for dogs which have a valid registration with another breed club. Alternatively, we can accept an application if both parents are registered with the breed club or if the dam is registered with the breed club and the sire is registered on The Kennel Club Breed Register.
My dog is not registered with a breed club, but the dam is Kennel Club registered. Can I apply?
If the dam is registered on the Breed Register and the sire is registered with a breed club, then an application to register the dog can be submitted via form 1 - litter registration.
My dog is registered with a breed club. Does it have to be registered in my name?
Yes, the dog would need to be in your ownership with the breed club before you can register with The Kennel Club.
Can I change my dog's registered name?
If the dog itself is registered with a breed club, we must record the name as it appears on the pedigree. However additions can be made to the name under the following circumstances:
- An additional word should be added to the dog's name if the name on the documentation is only one word
- A kennel name can be added in front of the dog's name, if named by the breeder, if the applicant bred both parents. Otherwise, the kennel name should appear as the last word of the dog's name
I live overseas and own a dog registered with a breed club. Can I register with you?
If the dog was whelped in the UK then you can apply to register the dog with The Kennel Club via a form 9 application. If you wish to export your dog to an overseas kennel club, you would need to complete form 13 - application for an Export Pedigree.