Terms and conditions
- In certain circumstances, The Kennel Club will require confirmation from the breeder
- Registration Certificates must be returned with the form if the applicant wishes for them to be reprinted
- The original registered name of a dog may not be altered by a re-registration
- In the case of joint ownership, the applicant will be agreeing to any declarations on behalf of all joint owners
- All corrections will be published in the next applicable edition of the Breed Record Supplement
- Once the application has been processed, updated documentation will be despatched usually within 14 working days of receipt of the application, providing it is supplied with submission of the application
- Failure to complete the application correctly may result in the application being delayed
Frequently asked questions
I need to amend an error on an entire litter. What is the charge?
A single amendment to an entire litter can be done in one application, for a fee of £10.
My litter was bred in partnership with another party. Do we both need to sign?
In the case of joint ownership, the applicant will be agreeing to any declarations on behalf of all joint owners.
My dog is registered under the wrong colour. Can I change it?
The colour is the only change that can be made by the registered owner. In some cases we may request a photograph before amending the colour of a dog.
I do not know my dog's breeder, but the sex/date of birth/dam/sire is incorrect. Can I change this?
All other changes, except the colour of a dog, must be made by the breeder.
I have lost my dog's Registration Certificate/Pedigree. Can I still apply?
We can still process and complete the application, however if you require an updated Registration Certificate/Pedigree, you will need to order one separately.
My puppies have already gone to their new homes with their paperwork. Can I still apply?
The applications can still be made, however if you require new certificates to be printed, you will need to return the originals with the application. Otherwise, the certificates will still be valid for the purpose of change of ownership, and the amendment will show on the new certificate issued once the change of ownership application is complete.
I want to change my dog's name. Can I do this on a re-registration application?
A request to change a dog's name (other than the addition of a kennel name) must be submitted via form 7 - change the registered name of a dog.
I have registered the wrong date of birth for my litter. What do I do?
The date of birth of a litter can be amended via a re-registration application. We may also ask you to confirm the correct date of mating.
I have registered my litter to the wrong sire. Can I change this?
The sire of a litter can be amended via a re-registration application. If the correct sire owner is different, we may request confirmation of the mating from the sire owner.
I have registered my litter to the wrong dam. Can I change this?
The dam of a litter can be amended via a re-registration application. However the relevant checks will be performed to ensure the dam meets The Kennel Club's rules and regulations for litter registration, as stated in The Kennel Club Year Book.
I am not the registered owner of my dog. Can I apply for a re-registration?
Depending on what is to be corrected, the application must be made either by the registered owner of the dog or the breeder.