If your dog is not on The Kennel Club's Breed Register and you love fun activities with your dog, such as agility, canicross, flyball, heelwork to music or obedience, then you should join the Activity Register. This registration will allow you to enter a range of events licensed by The Kennel Club. The dog must be registered in the owner's name to be able to take part in these activities.
The activity register is open to all dogs, both pedigree and crossbreed. Dogs on the Activity Register are not eligible to compete in field trials, gundog working tests, Bloodhound trials or breed shows.
How to put your dog on the Activity Register
- Complete form 5 - Registration of a dog on the activity register, either online or download and complete the PDF version
- When your application has been processed, your dog's details will be recorded on the Activity Register
- An Activity Registration Certificate will be sent out to you, with your dog's activity name and registration number
Any dog on the Activity Register may compete in the following Kennel Club licensed event types:
- heelwork to music
- working trials
Activity Register - frequently asked questions
1. How do I register my dog on The Kennel Club Activity Register?
Any dog owner can apply to register their dog on the Activity Register. To register your dog, complete form 5 - registration of a dog on the Activity Register, either online or download the PDF version.
2. My dog is registered on the Breed Register. Do I have to apply for the Activity Register?
If your dog is already registered on The Kennel Club Breed Register, it is not necessary to apply for the Activity Register as your dog is already eligible to compete in all these activities.
The dog would need to be in your ownership by completing the change of ownership application.
3. My dog is not registered but both parents are on The Kennel Club Breed Register. Can I register my dog on the Activity Register?
No, if both parents are registered on the Breed Register, you would need to speak to the breeder as they would need to register your dog on the Breed Register.
4. My dog is a crossbreed. Can I register on the Activity Register?
Yes, the Activity Register is open to all breeds of dogs, pedigree or crossbreed.
5. Does the breeder need to complete the application and/or sign?
If you require the parentage of your dog to be recorded then the breeder would need to sign the application, confirming the parentage details.
If you are unaware of the parentage details of the dog this would be recorded as 'unknown'.
6. If my dog is registered on the Activity Register, can I compete in breed shows or field trials and gundog working tests?
You are not eligible for entry to breed shows, field trials, gundog working tests or Bloodhound trials if your dog is registered on the activity register.
7. My Border Collie is ISDS registered. Do I register on the Activity Register?
No, you need to complete the form 9 (online) - registration of a single dog on the Breed Register or download the PDF version to register your Border Collie on The Kennel Club Breed Register.
8. Where can I find training classes for these activities?
For a list on training classes and clubs in your area, please visit Find a Club.