- The applicant will receive an official personalised Kennel Club Owner Registration Certificate confirming the addition of the kennel name
Terms and conditions
- The application must be completed by the kennel name holder owner
- The kennel name can only be added if the ownership of the dog and the kennel name match
- This service is only available if a name change has not already taken place, or if the dog's name is not published in the stud book
- The new Owner Registration Certificate will be despatched once the application has been processed, usually within 28 working days of receipt of the application
- Any associated products or services will be sent separately
- Please ensure all information is accurately completed and all required signatures are present, as queries with your application may cause delay
Frequently asked questions
Can I add my kennel name to the beginning of my dog's name?
If you are the breeder of a dog, or you bred both of the parents, then you can add your kennel name to the beginning of the dog's name. If you did not breed the dog or its parents, the kennel name must be the last word of the dog's name.
Can I add my kennel name to a dog that has already been registered?
You can apply to add your kennel name to an existing dog's name, providing a name change has not already taken place, or the dog's name is not published in the stud book. The ownership of the dog must match the ownership of the kennel name.
I have a kennel name registered in my name. Can I use it on a dog I own in joint ownership?
To be able to use a kennel name on a dog, the ownership of the dog and the kennel name must match. To be able to use a kennel name on a litter of puppies, the ownership of the dam and the kennel name must match.
Can I add my kennel name to a dog I have imported from overseas?
Providing the ownership of your kennel name matches the ownership as stated on your Export Pedigree, your kennel name can be added free of charge at the time of import registration to the end of your dog's name and you may use a link word.
My dog has a stud book number. Can I add my kennel name?
The name of a dog cannot be changed after 30 days have elapsed from the date of the first win which qualifies it for entry in the stud book.
Can I use any word as a link word?
It is only permitted to use a valid preposition between the dog's name and the added kennel name. You do not have to use a link word but should you choose to, the following words may assist you: of, at, to, in, by, via, for, del, von, vom, cum, mit, with, over, avec, from, among, under, between.
A kennel name has already been added to the end of my dog's name. Can I add mine too?
The name of a dog may only be changed once by the addition of a kennel name to the existing registered name.