The Kennel Club is calling for anyone interested in becoming an Obedience Accredited Trainer for the judges’ training programme to get in touch.
This judges’ training programme has been developed over a period of time and follows the requirements already in place for those involved in judging other canine activities. It underlines The Kennel Club’s commitment to maintaining and improving the standard of judges and judging at official Kennel Club licensed events and, in so doing, ensures the quality of dogs and the value of awards they receive at these events.
As part of the training programme, The Kennel Club has a number of Accredited Trainers for each discipline, who are responsible for delivering each seminar and conducting the examination. All of the Accredited Trainers are established judges of long standing and have attended training and assessment sessions prior to their appointment in order to prove their own knowledge and competence in delivering the seminar syllabus. There is a good geographical spread of trainers to ensure that each area of the country is covered to minimise distances for those attending seminars.
The Kennel Club is now inviting applications from interested parties who would like to be considered for the position of Obedience Accredited Trainer. Any candidates interested in applying need to meet the following criteria:
- Qualified to judge championship C level, to demonstrate judging knowledge and experience at all levels. Consideration would be given to experienced open C judges working towards CH C approval and having judged 10 Open Cs
- Knowledge of Class C as a competitor
- Show management experience, so as to demonstrate knowledge of the needs of societies when organising competitions
- Good presentation, facilitation and teaching skills are essential
- Have attended and passed the exam for the Obedience Regulations and Judging Procedure seminar and attended the Test Design and Practice of Judging Seminar
- A willingness to travel to deliver seminars
Those interested should send their applications to the Working Dog Activities Team via email by Thursday 3 August 2023.
Applicants should ensure they are available for an assessment day to be held on Tuesday 12 September 2023 at The Kennel Club Building, Stoneleigh.