The Kennel Club has announced the names of the members of the agility teams who will represent Great Britain and the Young Kennel Club (YKC) for the first time at the 2016 European Open Junior Agility Championships in Slovakia from 7th - 10th July 2016.
The successful handlers and dogs were chosen following this year's squad selection process. This year, two selection days were held at Ashby Lane Farm, Hinckley. Both selection days consisted of both agility and jumping courses. Handlers invited to both selection days competed on seven courses in total, giving the handlers plenty of opportunity to impress.
The Kennel Club congratulates all the handlers who have been selected to represent YKC Agility Team GB this year, which is supported by CSJ Specialist Canine Feeds and sponsored by the Kennel Club.
The selection days proved highly successful and both days were judged by David Jolly, who set a mixture of challenging courses for the competitors. The coaching team, made up of Mark Laker (Team Manager), Paul Moore (Team Coach), Ann Roberts (Team Support) and Sam Chapman (Team Assistant) assessed the handlers on both days. Several aspects of the competitors were considered; not only their course performance, but the handler's attitude, fault recovery, and dog's health.
Agility Team GB Manager, Mark Laker said: "I'd like to thank everyone involved with the project to send a team to the European Open Junior Agility Championships this year, and for the ongoing support of the Kennel Club and CSJ. There was an amazing response from the junior agility handlers around the UK, with more than 50 attending the first selection day. Now training and preparation starts for those handlers who have been selected and the countdown begins for the championships in Slovakia in July."
Caroline Kisko, Kennel Club Secretary said: "We're very pleased to announce this new development for Agility Team GB and the YKC. We believe it is a fantastic opportunity to develop our young handlers on the international stage. This is the first time we've put together a junior team and on behalf of the Kennel Club, we would like to congratulate each young handler who made it onto YKC Agility Team GB."
The teams selected are as follows:
• Amy Challis with Woody of Louandi (T&I)
• Daniel Croxford with Ag Ch Bogshole Bess Beauty (T&I)
• Gabriella Barrett with Joybringer Cadenza (T&I)
• Jack Ryan with Jachols Jump Jet (T&I)
• Oliver Rigby with Pretty Little Weasel (T&I)
• Penelope Lowes with Sobrietys Come On Eileen (T&I)
• Sarah Kirk with Little Pip (T&I)
• Ben Alderson with Secret Mystery Mission Impossible (T&I)
• Cameron Bunce with Jay Two Oh (T&I)
• Cameron Bunce with ZigaZag Ha (I)
• Ellie Curtis with Cacciatore Greenfinch (T&I)
• Katie Lines with Under the Archies (T&I)
• Oliver Rigby with Hillbre Orange Pippin (T&I)
• Adam Stretton with Ginny De La Patonniere (T&I)
• Amy Challis with Romarinus Rumrosa At Upanova (T&I)
• Belle Howlett with Leia's Queen of Naboo (T&I)
• Belle Howlett with Millennium Falcon Princess (T&I)
• Ben Alderson with Devongem Pitch Black (T&I)
• Daniel Croxford with Rosmarinus Florin (T&I)
• Katie Arnold with Spirit of the Jumpy Thames (I)
• Rory Tidmarsh with Fuelled For Life By Diesel (T&I)
• Samantha Pegg with Rujaff Red Hot Rave (I)
• Samantha Pegg with Tonkory Devil in Disguise at Raylisa (T&I)
• Shannon Springford with Castomya First Love (I)