The Kennel Club Junior Warrant Winner of the Year competition semi-finals took place this weekend at London’s biggest dog event, Discover Dogs at ExCeL London, with 61 top young dogs competing for just ten places in the final, which will be held at Crufts 2020.
The Kennel Club Junior Warrant Winner of the Year semi-finals were judged by Jonathan Daltrey and Darren Clarke.
The ten finalists competing at Crufts 2020 will be:
- Chinese Crested, Be My Dog’s Topsail Cody of Zanjero JW, owned by Mrs C Piper. Bred by Miss S Fitze.
- Pug, Anzhela Heaven On Earth with Calaquendi JW, owned by Mrs A & Miss L Hill. Bred by Mrs A Lunam.
- Beagle, Serenaker Maid In America JW, owned and bred by Miss S Parker & Mr G Stevens.
- Newfoundland, King Of Helluland Love Actually At Darebear JW, owned by Mr S & Mrs A Adair. Bred by Mrs S Krocko.
- Weimaraner, Braefell Goshawk JW, owned by Mrs C Mutlow. Bred by Mr M Sayer & Miss D Wallwork.
- Chow Chow, Janqbu Valentino JW, owned and bred by Mr P Hollies & Miss T Carr.
- English Toy Terrier (Black & Tan), Witchstone Place Your Bets at Capledrae JW, owned by Mr R & Mrs M Bennett. Bred by Messrs N Gourley & A Leonard.
- Briard, Fostebrie Precious Hope JW, owned and bred by Mrs C Foster.
- Welsh Corgi (Pembroke), Twinan Tight Squeeze JW, owned and bred by Mrs K & Miss T Irving.
- Pointer, Medogold Bamalam at Heartbury JW, owned by Miss V & Mr M Norbury & Mr K Adams. Bred by Mr M & Mrs A Howes.
The Junior Warrant is an award for pedigree dogs from the ages of six to 18 months which have won a series of first prizes at both open and championship shows. Achieving a Junior Warrant is one of the highest levels of success for young pedigree dogs.
The Kennel Club Junior Warrant Winner of the Year competition is held annually and is for dogs which have gained the title of Junior Warrant during the previous year. The final will be just one of the fascinating activities taking place at Crufts from 5th - 8th March 2020 at the NEC, Birmingham.