The Kennel Club has announced changes in Stud Book bands for 2016 for some breeds, which will apply for all shows from 1st January 2016 to 31st December 2016.
The following breeds have moved Stud Book bands for 2016:
- Bullmastiff from Band C to Band B
- Cairn Terrier from Band C to Band B
- Havanese from Band A to Band B
- Irish Red & White Setter from Band B to Band A
- Poodle (Toy) from Band B to Band A
- Pyrenean Mountain Dog from Band B to Band A
The Stud Book band for each breed of dog is calculated on the average number of entries for that breed over the preceding years.
As Stud Book bands are subject to change, it is best to check the Kennel Club website for any changes each January. It should be noted that if a dog gains a Stud Book number, a certificate will automatically be sent to its registered owner within three weeks from the date of the show, however in busy periods it may take longer.
A Stud Book number qualifies a dog for Crufts. The full list of 2016 Stud Book bands can be found on the Kennel Club website.
For further information on Stud Book bands, please send us an email.