2022 team qualification process
The Agility Team GB selection process is designed to incorporate dogs and handlers that have reached a high level of performance at The Kennel Club's premier and championship shows during the previous 12 months. It is designed to be an "open for all" selection, providing partnerships have achieved, or are close to reaching, a level that will enable them to be competitive at international events.
List of abbreviations
- AWC – Agility World Championship
- EO – European Open
- JOAWC – Junior Open Agility World Championship
- PSQ – Pre-selection qualifier
- EOT – European Open try out
- AWCT – Agility World Championship try out
- JOT - Junior Open Agility World Championship try out
Key dates for 2022 team
This information sets out the criteria to qualify for the pre-selection qualifier in February 2022.
The rules and regulations of the qualification process, including the pre-selection qualifier and follow on qualification events, will be announced by 1 November 2021.
|PSQ eligibility qualification period||1 April 2021 - 1 February 2022|
|Senior pre-selection qualifier (PSQ)||25 and 26 February 2022|
|Junior pre-selection qualifier (PSQ)||27 February 2022|
|EO try out (EOT)||19 and 20 March 2022|
|AWC try out (AWCT)||26 and 27 March 2022|
|JOAWC try out (JOT)||26 and 27 March 2022|
|Team day (EO, AWC and JOAWC)||23 April 2022|
|EO team day||30 May 2022|
|JOAWC team day||30 May 2022|
|AWC team day||27 August 2022|
Pre-selection qualifier (PSQ) 2022
Eligibility to enter
Seniors - achieve at least one of the following:
- A top 40 placement in the 2021 Kennel Club Agility Stakes, quarter-final (large/intermediate) or semi-finalist (medium/small). The run must not be eliminated to be eligible for the PSQ
- 2022 Crufts singles finalist
- 2022 British Open finalist
- Championship Certificate (CC) or Reserve Championship Certificate (RCC) Winner April 1 2021 to February 1
- 2021 senior team PSQ member
- 2021 junior team PSQ member (who is no longer eligible for JOAWC 2022 due to age*)
- 2004* or later date of birth
- Young Kennel Club member
- 2022 Young Kennel Club Agility Dog of the Year Crufts semi-finalist
- 2021 JOAWC team member (including reserves) with a date of birth of 2004 or later
*Please note as of June 2021 we are awaiting confirmation from the FCI as to the date of birth for junior competitors.
Please note intermediate dogs will qualify for the large height category selection.
Please note the Agility Team GB management reserve the right to invite additional dogs to the PSQ or schedule an open showcase event in late 2021 or early 2022 with win on spots to the PSQ. This will be decided once the situation with Covid-19 and the effect on 2021 shows becomes clearer and after the 2021 selection process has been evaluated. An announcement will be made by 1 September 2021 if any and how additional spots will be available.