- Registration type
About registration types
The registration types are as follows:
- The Breed Register is for pedigree dogs where both parents are also recorded on this register.
- The Activity Register is open to all dogs, both pedigree and crossbreed to allow them to exhibit in Kennel Club licensed events for disciplines such as agility, flyball etc.
- Not registered dogs can be viewed if they are related to a Kennel Club registered dog and may themselves be registered elsewhere with another club or society.
The results and calculated health information below are from information received and recorded by the Kennel Club, and may not include all health screening undertaken by the dog's owners.
The degree of inbreeding can be measured using a calculation called the coefficient of inbreeding (CoI), or inbreeding coefficient. The lower the degree of inbreeding, the lower the inbreeding coefficient.
What do these results mean?
Our inbreeding calculators give you a percentage score. The lower the percentage, the lower the degree of inbreeding.
To put your result into perspective:
- 0% = a dog with two apparently unrelated parents (based on all available pedigree information)
- 12.5% = the genetic equivalent of a dog produced from a grandfather to granddaughter mating, or the mating of a half-brother/sister
- 25% = the genetic equivalent of a dog produced from a father to daughter mating, or the mating of full-brother/sister
- More than 25% = inbreeding is accumulative, so if it has occurred to a significant degree over several generations, the inbreeding coefficient may be greater than 25%
Understanding this result
In general the lower the result, the lower the risk of this dog having health issues. It's important to remember that these results are a measure of risk, rather than a direct measure of health.
Always check the number of generations
Always check to see how many generations have been used for the calculation. If only three generations are fully complete, you may wish to use these results with care. If additional pedigree information or inbreeding resources are available to you, you may wish to consult these.
For dogs that have been imported, we may only have a three-generation pedigree, so it may be difficult for us to calculate an informative COI.
An individual's result should not be taken into consideration when selecting a dog for mating, instead it's the mating inbreeding coefficient that should be used, as this looks at how related two potential mates are.
You find the inbreeding calculation for hypothetical matings on our health test results finder service.
Where can I find out more about inbreeding, inbreeding calculators or breeding advice?
SireWIND SPIRIT A PLACE IN THE SUN
SireAM CH BAYSHORE MONTROSE CARVD N STONE
DamWIND SPIRIT KANOVE ISABELLA
DamWIND SPIRIT BEATLES MY BONNIE
SireMILL CREEK'S WESTERN LEGEND HY
DamWIND SPIRIT HEARTBREAKER