What is Good Citizen Dog scheme pre-beginners stakes?
The stakes test is a combination of the current Good Citizen Dog Training scheme exercises and the Pre-Beginner Obedience test. Dogs must have obtained their Bronze Award.
Why should you take part?
- Meet new friends – there is a great social scene to be enjoyed
- Try something new with your dog
- If you love obedience, you will love this competition
Competing in Young Kennel Club competitons
We will be offering a Best Young Kennel Club member rosette at each of the Good Citizen Dog Training scheme Special Pre-Beginners Obedience Stakes Heats. Points gained from the Young Kennel Club rosettes awarded at each heat will go towards qualifying for a Special Young Kennel Club Obedience competition. This is separate to the Good Citizen Dog Training scheme Stakes awards.
How do I take part?
- Find a training club in your area to take part in training for the event
- Your dog must be registered on The Kennel Club Breed register or Activity register
- Make sure you read the Good Citizen Dog Training scheme pre-beginners rules
- Dogs can enter from 6 months old