Despite a rise in owner awareness, 85 per cent of UK dogs remain unprotected against lungworm (Angiostrongylus vasorum) a potentially fatal parasite, a recent survey reveals. Dogs can become infected after accidentally swallowing slugs or snails carrying the lungworm larvae. Once inside the system, the parasite travels through the dog’s body eventually ending up in the heart. Left untreated, the dog’s health can rapidly deteriorate, and can even result in death. In the video below, pet owners whose dogs have been infected with the parasite speak about their experiences and share advice to Act On Lungworm.More information
A stimulating series of educational seminars on health issues, breeding practices and scientific developments which will help breeders and their puppy rearing programs. The last seminars are taking place in December this year !More information
Copyright © The Kennel Club Limited 2014. The unauthorised reproduction of text and images is strictly prohibited.