Young Kennel Club summer camp is back and it is the biggest event for Young Kennel Club members. It guarantees the whole family a summer holiday of fun so make sure you reserve your place by applying today. Young Kennel Club summer camp will feature dog training for multiple disciplines and a social programme throughout the day and evening.
- Sunday 31 July 2022 – Friday 5 August 2022
- Summer camp takes place at Rutland Showground, Showground Way, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 7T
- Young Kennel Club Members must attend with parent/guardian who will be onsite at all times, and the whole family is welcome to attend
- Young Kennel Club members must be aged between 7-16 years old to attend
- The cost for the members to take part in the training and social programme is £240 per member
- If a sibling is attending their training and social programme will be charged at a reduced rate of £180 (25% discount)
- Camping costs £110 for five nights non-electric grass pitch or £140 five nights for electric grass pitch
- All pitches are suitable for tent, trailer tent, caravan/campervans
- The deposit fee is £25 per member - this will be deducted from the final amount
- More information can be found on the Young Kennel Club website
- Obedience and rally
- Heelwork to music
- Scent work
- Fun games, trick training and a chance to take one of the Good Citizen Dog Scheme awards
Members and their dogs spend so much of the day training that we try to give your dogs a break whilst you have team time. With eight team leaders who are all volunteers and been involved with the YKC for many years. The social programme is an essential part of the camp experience, and we have some brilliant activities lined up, team building games, sports night, quiz night including some great family nights for everyone on site to get involved!
We will have onsite activities for family members to take part in: daily bingo, puzzle cafe, adult handling, 50 points of a dog test, dog grooming, and team building games more to be added! All family members are encouraged to come along to the social evenings and maybe even have your own team!
Site facilitiesVenue facilities
- Indoor areas including the Rutland Pavilion and onsite club house with a fully licensed bar
- Onsite catering vans including Pizza and Elanor's Pantry
- Toilets and Showers
- Hardstanding carpark
- Electrical charging points available
- Members and their families stay in their own caravan or tent
- All pitch sizes are 10m x 8m
- Non electric or electric pitches available.
- 24 hour toilet & shower block
- Site camping area with drinking water points
- Outside sink with hot and cold water
- Washing up Area
- Waste disposal suitable for caravans/motor homes
- Pitches will be allocated upon arrival