- Sunday 8 May 2022
- Taking place Stafford County Showground, Stafford
- Upon entering a Young Kennel Club class you are agreeing to The Kennel Club rules and regulations
- Please be advised that Young Kennel Club members may be photographed or filmed at events, either individually or in a group and that these images may be used for Kennel Club purposes only
- To opt out of any images of yourself or your child being used from Young Kennel Club activities or events you can email us
- If the member is under 18 years of age then one accompanying parent/guardian must also attend at no charge
- The Young Kennel Club Member must be a fully paid up member at the time of entry and competition
9:30 - 10:15 Assessment of handlers/Structure of a handling class/what to expect
It doesn’t matter if you have never tried a handling class – our training day is all about getting the best out of you and your dog. We will talk through what handling is, what you can expect and hold a little practice session for our trainer to assess your handling experience.
10:30 – 11:15 Presenting your dog to the judge and the golden rule
In this session you will learn the important art of shadowing, and how not to get in between the dog and the judge. You will also learn how to stand your dog correctly according to its breed and what you can expect the judge to ask you to do when presenting your dog.
11:30 – 12:15 On the move: showing your dog off to its best ability
Our trainers will teach you the basic patterns a judge might ask you to complete and how to make sure you get straight lines and tight corners.
12:20 – 1:00 – Putting it all together
We’ll put all you have learned together in an example handling competition!
- No refunds available