With Crufts on the horizon, this is the perfect opportunity for handlers who have qualified for Crufts 2024 to get some last-minute hints and tips, and some vital training time before the big day. We are also running handling training classes for beginners. Taking place on Sunday 18 February 2024 at The Kennel Club Building, Stoneleigh Park.
Date: Sunday 18 February 2024
Venue: The Kennel Club Building, Stoneleigh Park, Stoneleigh, Kenilworth, CV8 2LZ
Start Time: 8:30am
Finish Time: 4:30pm
YKC Event Regulations:
Members under the age of 18 years old must be supervised by a parent/guardian during the day so you must stay on site at all times during the event. Parents should also be on hand to hold or look after dogs during exercises that do not require the dog.
This is a training event and will take place inside and one session might be outside – weather-dependent. Please make sure you wear comfortable and appropriate clothing and footwear. You can bring chairs with you and dog crates. If you are taking part in the Crufts qualifier you will have time to change into show suits.
Dog/s ages for training:
Handling: Minimum dog age 6 months
£35 per YKC member for the day
£6 per entry to YKC Crufts Qualifier
If you are registering for the handling training, you can register from 8:30am inside The Kennel Club building. If you are registering for YKC Dog Grooming Competition you can register at 9:30am and competition begins at 10:00am. Please bring your own dog grooming table, we will not have any onsite. If you are registering for the handling competition you can register from 2:30pm if you are not taking part in the handling training.
Groups for training will be given out on the day
- 8:30 – Registration
- 9:00 - Session one
- 9:45 – Break
- 10:00 - Session two
- 10:45 – Session three
- 11:15 – Break
- 11:30 – Session four
- 12:15 – Lunch
- 1:00 – Session five
- 1:45 – Break
- 2:00 – Session six
- 2:35 – Break
- 3:00 – YKC Crufts 2025 Qualifier
- 4:30 – Day ends
YKC Crufts 2025 Qualifier:
Handling competition: 3pm (pay on the day)
- Indoor and outdoor training rings
- Free parking
- Please note that lunch is not provided, but there will be hot drinks available to purchase.
- Onsite restaurant and shop nearby – Farmers Fayre
Terms and conditionsPlease ensure you have read the event terms and conditions.
- Dogs must be at least 6 months old to attend this training session
- Dogs must be on a lead unless training requires them to be off lead
- No person shall carry out harsh handling of their dog at any time during the event
- No dog that has contracted or been knowingly exposed to any infectious or contagious disease during the 21 days prior to the event, or which is suffering from a visible condition that adversely affects its health or welfare is to be brought to the event
- Please make sure you clear up after your dog at the venue
- Please read our refund policy
- Full refunds until Monday 5 February