The Kennel Club has announced changes in Stud Book bands for 2019 for some breeds, which will apply for all shows from 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2019.
The following breeds have moved Stud Book bands for 2019:
- Parson Russell Terrier from band B to band A
- Finnish Lapphund from band B to band A
- Pekingese from band B to band A
- Samoyed from band C to band B
- Afghan Hound from band D to band C
- Rottweiler from band D to band C
- Irish Setter from band E to band D
- Spaniel (Cocker) from band E to band D
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier from band E to band D
- Boxer from band E to band D
- Chihuahua (Smooth Coat) from band C to band D
The Stud Book band for each breed of dog is calculated on the average number of entries for that breed over the preceding years.
As Stud Book bands are subject to change, it is best to check the Kennel Club website for any changes each January. It should be noted that if a dog gains a Stud Book number, a certificate will automatically be sent to its registered owner within three weeks from the date of the show; however, in busy periods it may take longer.
A Stud Book number qualifies a dog for Crufts for life. Read the full list of 2019 Stud Book bands.
For further information on Stud Book bands, please email our canine activities team.