This year’s winners have been crowned at the Kennel Club Olympia Agility Stakes, held in association with Skinner’s Pet Foods.
The prestigious event saw the stars of agility compete in five finals in the small, medium, large, large novice, and ABC (Anything But a Collie) categories as part of the London International Horse Show at Olympia.
Each competition was judged by Kennel Club Championship agility judge, Simon Chandler.
The winners of the Kennel Club Olympia Agility Stakes were:
- Wednesday 18th December: ABC – Edit Ratkai with two-year-old Belgian Shepherd, Monkey, from Southampton.
- Thursday 19th December: Medium – Dawn Weaver with six-year-old Papillon/Collie cross, Vegas, from Portland, Dorset.
- Friday 20th December: Large Novice – Mark Douglas with five-year-old Border Collie, Chief, from Bristol.
- Saturday 21st December: Large 6-7 – 19-year-old Megan Hunt with four-year-old Working Sheepdog, Thyme, from Strood, Kent.
- Sunday 22nd December: Small – Dave Munnings with six-year-old Border Collie/Corgi cross, Boost, from Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Due to some confusion during judging for one of the competitors, there was an incorrect result posted in the main arena following the Large 6-7 final. However, following consultation with the judge and judge’s assistant, both individuals involved – Nicola Wildman and Megan Hunt – will be invited to represent England at Crufts in the Large Dog International Competition.
William Delamore, Sales and Marketing Director at Skinner’s Pet Foods commented: “We look forward to Olympia every year and 2019’s competitors did not disappoint. The standard was exceptionally high and we are delighted to be part of such a prestigious event. Congratulations to all the winners for such a fantastic performance and we’d like to wish all competitors the best of luck for 2020.”
Vanessa McAlpine, Events Executive for the Kennel Club said: “Congratulations to the 2019 winners, and well done to all the competitors who took part. The Olympia Stakes showcased so many talented dogs and handlers who are passionate about agility and they should all feel very proud of their achievements. We’d like to wish all our competitors a lovely Christmas and a successful 2020.”
The Kennel Club Olympia Agility Stakes were held at the London International Horse Show from 18th- 22nd December 2019.