The Kennel Club has announced the agility teams which will represent Great Britain at the European Open Agility Championships in Vienna, Austria from 27-29 July, and the FCI Agility World Championships in Kristianstad, Sweden from 4-7 October.
The successful handlers and dogs were chosen following this year’s squad selection process, which concluded at the Performance Weekend hosted by Nottingham Trent University, Brackenhurst Campus from 6-8 April.
The Kennel Club congratulates all the handlers who have been selected to represent Agility Team GB this year, which once again is kindly sponsored by the team’s two main sponsors, CSJ Specialist Canine Feeds and DOG StreamZ.
This year’s Performance Weekend was judged by Seppo Savikko from Finland. Courses were designed to test dogs and handlers on speed, fitness, consistency and accuracy. Over the weekend there was some fantastic handling on these courses where dogs and handlers could really show off their skills.
Due to positive feedback, the coaching team brought back the win-on place for the European Open Championships. This meant an opportunity was given to one handler and dog from each of the heights (small, medium and large) to be automatically selected onto the European Open team after being the top performing dog and handler in a final round held at the Performance Weekend. Natasha Wise with Nedlo Flipping Shiny Pebble, in the large height group; Steven Richardson, who has won this place for two consecutive years, with Ag Ch NoWorries Sweep's Dream, in the medium height group; and Sarah McLean with Milo'd Of Mischief, in the small height group won the coveted spots, and will be joining the rest of the European Open team in Vienna in July.
Team Manager, Mark Laker said “Congratulations to all the handlers who have been selected for this year’s teams. It’s always a tough decision when there are so many top performing dogs and handlers on the squad. However, the coaching team and I believe we have selected a strong team who can go out to the European Open and the FCI World Championships and win medals.”
The teams selected are as follows:
- Bonny Quick (Team Captain) with Ag Ch Goldheart Trail of Flames
- Hayley Tindall with Tindall's Usselby Princess
- Karen Hugo with Willowthorn's All That Jazz at Sabresnipe AW(P)
- Rachel Ward with Blazecroft Midnight Akemi
- Sarah McLean with Milo'd Of Mischief
- Toni Dawkins with Basileas Hear Me Roar
- Abigail Doxford with Anneryvalley Cassie
- Ellie Curtis with Cacciatore Greenfinch
- Hayley Telling (Team Captain) with Ag Ch New Illusions Bi Enchantment Of The Five Colors
- Marita Davies with Harvey Bird
- Nigel Staines with Ag Ch Morgans Dark Destroyer AW(G)
- Sam Towe with Foxstones Penelope Pitstop
- Steven Richardson (Team Captain) with Ag Ch Noworries Sweeps Dream
- Anthony Clarke (Team Captain) with Rujaff Fate el Protest
- Dan Shaw with Ag Ch Comebyanaway Redefined
- Dave Munnings (Team Captain) with Ag Ch Comebyanaway Reddy For Fame
- Greg Derrett (Team Captain) with Nedlo Addicting Sproglett
- Jess Clarehugh with Lynwood Beanie
- Laura Hope with Regalaway Serendipity
- Lauren Langman with Darleyfalls Bright Day at Devongem
- Lucie Hinchley with Borderspirit Bright Star
- Marita Davies with Lalapaws Taken By Surprise
- Martin Reid with Ag Ch Borderpaws Secret Surprise
- Natasha Wise with Ag Ch Nedlo Flipping Shiny Pebble
- Sian Illingworth with Ferdi's Mirror Image
- Vanessa Lloyd with Trust Your Heart Gin
All competitors at the European Open will get an individual run and be part of a team. Teams will be confirmed nearer the time.
- Hayley Tindall with Tindall's Usselby Princess (T)
- Karen Hugo with Willowthorn's All That Jazz at Sabresnipe AW(P) (Travelling Reserve)
- Kathryn Stickney (Captain) with Injasuti Coco Mademoiselle (T&I)
- Lauren Langman with Ag Ch Samsir Blinkin Brilliant at Devongem (I)
- Rachel Ward with Blazecroft Midnight Akemi (T)
- Sarah McLean with Milo'd Of Mischief (T)
- Abigail Doxford with Anneryvalley Cassie (T)
- Ellie Curtis with Cacciatore Greenfinch (T)
- Hayley Telling (Captain) with Ag Ch New Illusions Bi Enchantment Of The Five Colors (T&I)
- Sam Towe with Foxstones Penelope Pitstop (T)
- Anthony Clarke with Rujaff Fate el Protest (Travelling Reserve)
- Dan Shaw with Ag Ch Comebyanaway Redefined (T&I)
- Dave Munnings with Ag Ch Comebyanaway Reddy For Fame (I)
- Greg Derrett (Captain) with Nedlo Addicting Sproglett (T&I)
- Martin Reid with Ag Ch Borderpaws Secret Surprise (T&I)
- Natasha Wise with Ag Ch Nedlo Flipping Shiny Pebble (T&I)
- Sian Illingworth with Ferdi's Mirror Image (I)
T – Team run
I – Individual run
Full results from the performance weekend can be found at http://mobile.firstplaceprocessing.com/. Read more information on the qualification process for the 2019 squad.
Agility Team GB is sponsored by CSJ Specialist Canine Feeds, DOG StreamZ, First Contact, Nottingham Trent University, Eurotunnel, Agility1st, Animal Trust and supported by the Kennel Club.