This year’s winners have been crowned at the Kennel Club Olympia Agility Stakes, which is held in association with Skinner’s pet foods.
The prestigious event saw the stars of agility compete in five finals in the small, medium, large, large novice, and large ABC (Anything But Collies) categories as part of the London International Horse Show at Olympia.
Each competition was judged by Kennel Club championship agility judge, Lynne Shore.
This year agility trainer, Dave Munnings from Newbury, Berkshire, won the small final with his four year-old Border Collie/Corgi cross, Boost Bite and the large final with his six year-old Border Collie, Comebyanaway Reddy For Fame. Dave joins only a handful of competitors to win two titles in the same year.
The winners of the Kennel Club Olympia Agility Stakes were:
- Thursday 14th December: Large ABC – Tracy Moerel with four year-old German Shorthaired Pointer, Deutschlander Schnapps
- Friday 15th December: Small – Dave Munnings and four year-old Border Collie/Corgi cross, Boost Bite
- Saturday 16th December: Large – Dave Munnings and six year-old Border Collie, Comebyanaway Reddy For Fame
- Sunday 17th December: Large Novice – Sara Bacon and two year-old Border Collie, Tynevermoor Torque
- Monday 18th December: Medium – Linda Cummings and eight year-old Working Sheepdog, Ag Ch Urban Myth Noworries
Will Delamore, Sales and Marketing Director at Skinner’s, commented: “Skinner’s had an amazing time at Olympia 2017. The standard of handlers and dogs was higher than ever. The amount of time and effort it takes to train the dogs is simply amazing. I would like to congratulate everyone who competed and wish them all the best of luck for 2018!”
Caroline Kisko, Kennel Club Secretary said: “Congratulations to everyone who competed at Olympia, especially this year’s great winners. We see so many talented dogs and their handlers qualify for the event and it’s a real testament to how popular agility is as a canine activity. We hope that all our winners and competitors have a lovely Christmas and a successful 2018.”
The Kennel Club Olympia Agility Stakes were held at the London International Horse Show from 14th-18th December 2017.