The Kennel Club Junior Warrant Winner of the Year competition semi-finals took place this weekend at London’s biggest dog event, Eukanuba Discover Dogs at ExCeL London, with 61 top young dogs competing for just ten places in the final, which will be held at Crufts 2017.
The Kennel Club Junior Warrant Winner of the Year semi-finals were judged by Mr G Duffield and Mr P Eardley.
The ten finalists competing at Crufts 2017 will be:
- Dalmatian, Offordale Larissa, owned and bred by Mrs J E Alexander.
- Australian Shepherd, Allmark Vanity Fayre, owned and bred by Mr N & Mrs A E Allan and Mr R Harlow.
- Rottweiler, Jodipas Time, owned and bred by Mr J and Mrs D Allen.
- Siberian Husky, Ninlil of Poliarine Arktika Over Zanjelic, owned by Mrs E T Ashcroft. Bred by Mrs E Sutiene.
- Irish Red & White Setter, Killary’s Grand Venture with Vanders and Romaunt, owned by Mrs J Barney and Mrs J Howatson. Bred by Mesdames Peterson & Zawikowski and Mr and Mrs Harrison.
- Pyrenean Mountain Dog, Charibere Simply Magic at Chezanna, owned by Mrs C Kenyon, Miss L Bermingham and Mr A Ward. Bred by Mrs L Marston.
- Bullmastiff, Hyerdunscar The Big Tease, owned and bred by Mrs J Lindley.
- Whippet, Nevedith Zufor Zeffa, owned and bred by Miss E Newton.
- Siberian Husky, One in a Million Legend of the Spirit, owned by Mrs R J and Mr D A Simms. Bred by Mrs I Krieger.
- Poodle (Standard), Kossab Kijaka With Anorien, owned by Miss K Young. Bred by Mrs G Brekkarud.
The Junior Warrant is an award for pedigree dogs from the ages of 6 to 18 months which have won a series of first prizes at both open and championship shows. Achieving a Junior Warrant is one of the highest levels of success for young pedigree dogs.
The Kennel Club Junior Warrant Winner of the Year competition is held annually and is for dogs which have gained the title of Junior Warrant during the previous year. The final will take place on Thursday 9th March 2017 and will be just one of the fascinating activities taking place at Crufts, to celebrate healthy, happy dogs from 9th – 12th March 2017 at the NEC, Birmingham.
To find out more about the Kennel Club Junior Warrant Winner of the Year competition, please visit the Kennel Club website.