The Kennel Club is calling for anyone interested in becoming a Rally Inter-Regional Team Manager to get in touch.
The Inter-Regional Rally event is due to take place for the first time in 2017 and is a competition between teams from Scotland, Northern Ireland, North, Midlands, Wales, South East & East Anglia, and South & South West.
The Kennel Club is now inviting applications from interested parties who would like to be considered for the position of a Crufts Rally Inter-Regional Team Manager, for the period up to and including Crufts 2019.
Each team manager appointment is for a three year period and must fulfil the following criteria:
- Reside in the area they manage
- Demonstrate a strong interest in the competition
- Actively promote the competition
- Appoint two assistant managers for the appointment period (who will be entitled to free entry and car parking for the day of the event). The choice of assistant managers should be used to ensure that all areas of the region are covered by the team selection process.
- Ensure any equipment required for team selection and training is available to team members.
- Liaise with the event coordinator as required.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to work with team members and assistants to build team spirit and ensure everyone understands their role and responsibilities for the day.
- Access to and an ability to use a computer, in particular completing Word documents received by email and then returned to the coordinator by email.
Team selection process
Team managers will host at least one team selection event to which dogs and handlers are invited to attend, through an application process that is clearly advertised throughout their area.
The application form will contain the following information:
- Dog and handler details
- List of awards achieved during the year
- The class level applied for.
Once a team is selected, the manager shall host at least one team training session to build team spirit, to ensure all members are suitably acquainted with the tests and requirements for the day.
Expectations for competition day
- Arrive at the Rally competition area early enough to meet all team members as they arrive and to ensure they are briefed in preparation for the day.
- Lead the team in the parade at the start and finish of the day.
- Ensure each team member is in the collecting ring ready to compete as required.
- Offer the reserve handler and dog the opportunity to work in the ring during the lunch break.
Those interested should send their applications to Cathy Guiver, Crufts Office, The Kennel Club, Clarges Street, Piccadilly, London, W1J 8AB or via email by 11th April 2016.