The Kennel Club Accreditation Scheme for Instructors in Dog Training and Canine Behaviour (KCAI Scheme) recognises and promotes competent and qualified dog training instructors and canine behaviourists, working across a wide range of canine disciplines, for the benefit of the dog-owning public.
This KCAI Scheme award recognises the outstanding talents of dog training instructors, who are members of the KCAI Scheme.
We’re looking for dog training instructors who are making a positive difference to the behaviour of dogs and the lives of their owners.
Has your instructor gone that extra mile to help you and your dog? Have they helped make a positive difference to the behaviour of your dog and, in turn, your life? Perhaps your instructor is involved in dog rescue and rehoming activities or is a volunteer in their local community? Then, we want to hear about them!
Please note: to qualify, your dog training instructor must be a current member of the KCAI Scheme, and either accredited or working towards their accreditation.
- Positive difference: made a positive difference to the behaviour of dog(s) and the life/lives of their owner(s)
- Changed lives: in some way changed the lives of dogs and/or people, who in particular, may have faced struggle e.g. rescue dogs or people who have had challenges to face
- Helpfulness and dedication: went out of their way to help the dog(s) and their owner(s) by going 'the extra mile'
- Wider community: made a positive contribution to the lives of people and dogs through their training on a wider scale e.g. made a positive contribution in their wider community or for charity.
Nominations close: Wednesday 7 December 2016 at 12pm
To nominate your dog training instructor, just follow the links below.
Downloadable promotional tools:
Download a poster for your club or a button for your website to encourage your clients to nominate you!
Timeline for KCAI Trainer of the Year 2016:
- Nominations open: Wednesday 26 October 2016
- Nominations close: Wednesday 7 December 2016
- Shortlisting by judging panel to select five finalists: by 15 December 2016
- Five finalists announced and public vote opens: 20 December 2016
- Public Vote closes: Monday 30 January 2017
- Winner of Trainer of the Year 2016 award announced at Crufts 2017 (9 -12 March) – date to be confirmed
For full terms and conditions on the KCAI Trainer of the Year 2016, click here.