Members of the KCAI Scheme are able to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Being part of one of the largest schemes in the UK for dog training instructors and canine behaviourists, the objectives of which are to raise the standards in the industry and to promote responsible dog ownership to the public.
- Having an opportunity to gain the Kennel Club Accredited Instructor award, certified by City and Guilds, the UK’s leading awarding organisation in the land-based sector – encompassing animal care.
- Support from KCAI Scheme Regional Mentors, who can provide you with guidance and support through the accreditation application process.
- Having the opportunity, once you become an Accredited Instructor, to promote your services to the public through the Kennel Club’s register which is published on its website.
- Having access to a wealth of Kennel Club expertise and resources, including the Kennel Club Academy, an online educational resource for canine professionals.
- Access to the KCAI Members Zone (a secure web portal for KCAI Scheme members), where you will find all of the information and documentation you need to apply for accreditation.
- Discount offers for Kennel Club events including Crufts, and the KCAI Scheme’s annual educational seminar.
- Members of Kennel Club Registered or Listed Status Clubs are automatically guaranteed a 10% discount off the joining fee to the Scheme.
- Regular copies of The Standard, a quarterly publication for KCAI Scheme members, which contains news, stories, advice, information and features on canine-related topics.