When you purchase a Kennel Club registered dog the breeder would
have recorded with the Kennel Club the dog's details and the dog
would be registered to the breeder. The breeder provides the
Registration Information Document to the new owner so you can
change ownership into your name.
By changing the registered ownership of your dog you are showing
an official commitment to your dogs wellbeing and preserving the
pedigree line of your dog with the Kennel Club. It is vital that
you change ownership as soon as possible so that the correct
information is recorded on the Kennel Club database. Additionally
in order to show or breed from your dog, it must be registered with
the Kennel Club in your name.
By changing ownership you will receive:
- An official personalised Kennel Club Owner Registration Owner
- A FREE Dog Owners' Handbook - an invaluable guide to bringing
up and caring for your dog
- FREE invaluable advice and support throughout the life of your
- Opportunity to show and breed from your dog and maintain the
- 50% discount for the first 2 months when you insure your puppy
on the NEW Kennel Club Healthcare Plan
Your registration fee helps support the Kennel Club Charitable
Trust - making a difference for all dogs by funding a range of
projects from science grants to welfare initiatives, all of which
are giving dogs happier healthier lives.
How to change the ownership of my dog?
There are three ways you can change ownership of your dog.
- Change Ownership
- Complete the Registration Information Document and post in the
- If you have a MyKC account you can also change ownership by
clicking on My Dogs and selecting Add Dog
If you have any questions on changing ownership please contact
us on 0844 4633 980