The Kennel Club has announced changes in Stud Book bands for
2016 for some breeds, which will apply for all shows from 1st
January 2016 to 31st December 2016.
The following breeds have moved Stud Book bands for 2016:
- Bullmastiff from Band C to Band B
- Cairn Terrier from Band C to Band B
- Havanese from Band A to Band B
- Irish Red & White Setter from Band B to Band A
- Poodle (Toy) from Band B to Band A
- Pyrenean Mountain Dog from Band B to Band A
The Stud Book band for each breed of dog is calculated on the
average number of entries for that breed over the preceding
As Stud Book bands are subject to change, it is best to check
the Kennel Club website for any changes each January. It should be
noted that if a dog gains a Stud Book number, a certificate will
automatically be sent to its registered owner within three weeks
from the date of the show, however in busy periods it may take
A Stud Book number qualifies a dog for Crufts. The full
list of 2016 Stud Book bands can be found on the Kennel Club
website at www.thekennelclub.org.uk/activities/stud-book-bands.
For further information on Stud Book bands, please email email@example.com.