The Kennel Club has released the 2017 squad qualification
process for handlers and dogs wishing to be considered for a place
on Agility Team GB at the 2017 European Open and the FCI World
All handlers and dogs are required to gain credits by winning
classes at prestigious Kennel Club competitions and to demonstrate
consistency over a prolonged period, a wide variety of courses,
judges, environments and pressurised competitions. The
qualification dates for 2016 will now run between 25th March and
11th September 2016.
To be considered for Agility Team GB, the following criteria
- Dogs can gain qualifying credits from Kennel Club Prestige
Events between 25th March and 11th September 2016.
- Handlers will need to record their achievements which qualify
for credits, and submit them to the Working Dog Activities Team via
within one month of the achievement.
- The dogs with the highest recorded credits from the
qualification period will be invited to join the 2017 squad.
- Teams will be selected from the squad at a Performance Weekend
in April 2017 hosted by Lincoln Agility Enthusiasts at Lincoln
- The selected teams will compete at the European Open
Championships and the FCI World Championships.
Achievements should be submitted via email to the Working Dog
Activities Team at email@example.com
and must contain the following information:
- Dog's Kennel Club registered name and height category
- Competition name, date and location
Further details regarding the submission of achievements are now
available on the Kennel Club website here.