This year’s winners have been crowned at the Kennel Club Olympia Agility Stakes, which is held in association with Skinner’s pet foods.
The prestigious finals, which were held as part of the London International Horse Show at Olympia in London from 15th-19th December, saw the stars of agility compete in five finals in the small, medium, large, novice, and ABC (Anything But Collies) categories.
Each competition was judged by international agility judge and trainer, Lee Gibson.
The winners of the Kennel Club Olympia Agility Stakes were:
• Small – Charlotte Harding from Blagdon, Bristol and five year-old Cocker Spaniel, Teasel, owned by Claire Burrell
• Medium – Sian Illingworth from Crawley, West Sussex and her six year-old Border Collie, Maybe
• Large – Lee Windeatt from Sittingbourne, Kent and eight year-old Border Collie, Pip, owned by Sandra Adams
• Novice – Lee Windeatt from Sittingbourne, Kent and his four year-old Border Collie, Coy
• ABC – Dave Leach from Crawley, West Sussex and his four year-old Malinois Belgian Shepherd Dog, Abby
Lee Windeatt became only the second person to win two titles in the same year, matching Greg Derrett who won two competitions with his dogs Rehab and Detox in 2012.
Will Delamore, Sales and Marketing Director at Skinner’s, commented: “It’s been an exciting year for agility and the standard at Olympia was world-class. Every year we look forward to the competitions and we are thrilled to be associated with such a prestigious event. Congratulations to the winners for such a fantastic performance and we’d like to wish each and every competitor a happy Christmas and a prosperous new year.”
The results for this year’s Kennel Club Olympia Agility Stakes can be found here.
Caroline Kisko, Kennel Club Secretary said: “Many congratulations to all the winners and competitors at Olympia this year. It is so wonderful to see such talented dogs and their handlers compete in such a fantastic event, and we hope that their success continues into 2017.”