The Kennel Club is calling for anyone interested in becoming an Agility Accredited Trainer for the judges’ training programme to get in touch.
This judges’ training programme has been developed over a period of time and follows the requirements already in place for those involved in judging other canine activities. It underlines the Kennel Club’s commitment to maintaining and improving the standard of judges and judging at official Kennel Club licensed events and, in so doing, ensures the quality of dogs and the value of awards they receive at these events.
As part of the training programme, the Kennel Club has a number of Accredited Trainers for each discipline, who are responsible for delivering each seminar and conducting the examination. All of the Accredited Trainers are established judges of long standing and have attended training and assessment sessions prior to their appointment in order to prove their own knowledge and competence in delivering the seminar syllabus. There is a good geographical spread of trainers to ensure that each area of the country is covered to minimise distances for those attending seminars.
The Kennel Club is now inviting applications from interested parties who would like to be considered for the position of Agility Accredited Trainer, particularly in the South East, Wales and North West regions. Any candidates interested in applying need to meet the following criteria:
- Five or more years of regular judging experience.
- Have judged up to Grade 6 or above.
- Good presentation and teaching skills are essential.
- Have attended and passed the exam for the Agility Regulations and Judging Procedure seminar and attended and passed the Course Design and Judging Seminar.
- A willingness to travel to deliver seminars.
- A commitment to mentor newly qualified agility judges for their initial judging appointments.
Those interested should send their applications to the Working Dog Activities Team, The Kennel Club, Clarges Street, London, W1J 8AB or via email to: email@example.com by Friday 27th January 2017.