Dog’s Name: Bentley the rescue
Owner's Name: Daniel Zeichner
Political Party: Labour
Owner's Constituency: Cambridge
Breed (all breeds and crossbreeds welcome):
Describe your top five doggy personality traits:
- Likes going for long walks
- Occasionally falls asleep on the sofa
- Likes sausages
What are your top doggy achievements to date (e.g. training classes, awards, tricks etc.)?
- Dogmatically fought for tighter rules for assistance dogs
- Took part in blind folded walk with a guide dog to see how visually impaired people get a ruff deal.
What would you do if you were PM for the day? Any dog related issues you would tackle for your four-legged friends?
- Take action against puppy farmers.
- Protect postal workers from being bitten.
- Stop the brutal trade in dog meat.
- Stamp out organised dog-fighting.
Why is it essential that all children in the UK are educated about safe interaction with dogs?
To make sure that no one – dog or child – is put at risk.
What advice would you give to children about safe interaction with dogs?
Check with the owner before touching a dog, be kind and cautious.
Why should you be crowned Westminster Dog of the Year 2016?
I'm like a dog with a bone and I'll hound the Government to get the best deal for my MP’s constituents - I'll bark at ministers, talk to the puparazzi and won't roll over!