Dog's Name: Jack (aka Reggie Kray) and Jamie (aka Ronnie Kray).
Owner's Name: Margaret Mitchell.
Political Party: Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party.
Owners Constituency/ Region: Central Scotland.
Breed (all breeds and crossbreeds are welcome): West Highland Terrier.
Colour: White (ish).
Describe your top five doggy personality traits.
- I don’t like getting my hair cut even if I really need it cut, I think I do this to annoy Margaret
- I love going for walks in the rain because I discover doggies in all the puddles and the funny thing is they all look just like me!
- I’ve got a blue bone which I love and play with for hours and I have to be pretty sharp to make sure my brother Jamie doesn’t steal it!
- I have effective communication skills and squeal to remind Margaret it’s my teatime, to make sure she throws my blue bone and to get attention when I need it.
- I love going in the car – so if Jamie and I see a car door open we are in there!
- I love watching TV and in fact anything on an iPad or other screens - I’m not particularly fussy about what’s on but sometimes I use my paw to change the picture.
- I’m great at sumo wrestling with my brother Jack – I usually win because I’m a bit sturdier than him.
- I really enjoy doing a tug of war with Jack and my doggy rope - we can sound really fierce when we are playing with it.
- I love starting a chase with Jack, round the kitchen table and round rooms and I make sure I get outside before him in the morning to give me a head start in the race round the house and garden!
- I have a blue and white squeaky toy in the shape of a lamb and I love making maximum noise with it when Margaret is watching her favourite programme, ha ha.
What are your top doggy achievements to date?
Going the longest possible length of time without getting a haircut – is scruffy not the modern look anyway?!
Being super quick sitting and giving a paw when there is a prospect of a doggie sweetie.
I’m a super duper tail wagger and I usually win when Jack and I play games.
Being superfast extending a paw and giving 100% concentration if there is a doggy sweetie to be had!
What would you do if you were First Minister for the day?
Ensure all dogs have a toy to play with, which they love as much as I love my blue bone.
Invent a dog friendly machine to dispense free doggy sweeties.
A ban on all vet jags and haircuts (and being brushed) for all dogs unless they specify otherwise.
Ensure my brother, Jack, gets a haircut so he can see where he’s going
Provide every dog with paw touch screen iPads.
Set up doggy tug of war and sumo wrestling competitions with a lifelong supply of doggy sweeties as a prize.
What dog related issues do you think need tackling in Scotland for your four-legged friends?
Jack and Jamie:
It’s important that we are all microchipped because if we go for a wander and someone finds us then we need to get home. I know it’s the law now but many dogs still do not have a microchip.
I think animal charities should get help with funding when they have to go to court to protect dogs and other animals from being cruelly treated.
Compulsory road safety training for all dogs – we have no road sense whatsoever!
Which three dead or alive celebrity dog owners (political or otherwise) would you invite to your fantasy doggy dinner party?
Jack and Jamie:
Winston Churchill – his dogs Rufus I and Rufus II looked pretty cool and Churchill has good adverts on the TV.
Andrew Neil and Molly the dog – she might like two new chums.
Her Majesty the Queen and her 4 Corgis – because I bet they are really naughty sometimes.
Why should you be crowned Holyrood Dog of the Year 2017?
Because I’ve got a curly tail which makes me a unique wee Westie!
Because, I’m competing against my brother, Jack, so naturally I want to win!