Dog's Name: Roujan.
Owner's Name: Claudia Beamish.
Political Party: Labour.
Owners Constituency/ Region: South Scotland.
Breed (all breeds and crossbreeds welcome): Rescue dog so not sure but French and possibly Britany Wild Dog (fauve de Bretagne cross).
Colour: Orangey with white markings on face and feet.
Describe your top five doggy personality traits
- Bravery- Roujan was hit by the car in front of us when on holiday in France. He was very badly injured and became our dog because no one claimed him.
- Determination – he was sure he was going to live against the odds.
- Resilient – he has also been attacked by a large dog which injured his face v badly – he had 2 operations for this and despite a slightly lopsided face is still very cute.
- Chirpy – he is jolly and lively and sweet.
- Loyal – he would do anything for the family and friends.
What are your top doggy achievements to date?
Going back to see if Roujan was ok on a French rural road on the way to lunch with friends.
Getting him to a vet and arranging his recovery and convalescence – everyone loved him including at the sanctuary where he was till he could come to Scotland.
Supporting microchipping of dogs having visited the Dogs Trust in West Lothian.
What dog related issues do you think need tackling in Scotland for your four-legged friends?
Banning shock collars totally.
Supporting and promoting responsible ownership of dogs including using a poo bag.
Which three dead or alive celebrity dog owners (political or otherwise) would you invite to your fantasy doggy dinner party?
- Lady Gaga and Fizzi
- Dorothy (Wizard of Oz) and Toto
- Barak Obama and Bo
Why should you be crowned Holyrood Dog of the Year 2017?
Roujan should be dog of the year as he is so cool and deserves recognition for his bravery and jollity!
We all love him!