1. Question: Who can apply to have a Listed Status Club?
Answer: Any club, group or individual.
2. Question: Do you need a Committee structure?
3. Question: Will the Kennel Club reduce its governance of fully registered clubs?
Answer: No, the KC is of the view that the current stipulations are the minimum necessary requirement to safeguard a club's membership.
4. Question: Will I/We be inspected by the Kennel Club?
Answer: No-The reference submitted by a local Dog Warden/Environmental Health Officer to confirm the safety and suitability of the premises/ground(s) being used for the purposes of dog training, will be the only inspection of the training venue. If you plan to hold a show, Field Officers will be sent as is the standard procedure for all KC licensed shows.
5. Question: Why are HTM shows that hold Kennel Club qualifiers called "Premier"?
Answer: A similar "Premier" type of show already exists in showing and Agility and it would be in keeping with current range of shows the Kennel Club has to offer.
6. Question: There are 2 different types of HTM shows, what do these entail and what are the differences?
- PREMIER HTM SHOWS
This is a new name for shows that have qualifying heats for any of the KC major events. This could be for Crufts or any future KC qualifying event. Organisers can schedule their choice of official categories and classes. Societies running Premier Shows will be fully registered organisations only.
- OPEN HTM SHOWS
Organisers can schedule their choice of official categories and classes, except for qualifying heats for any of the major KC events.
Societies running Open HTM Shows will be fully registered organisations OR the new Listed Status Club.