Here is a helpful calendar for secretaries.
January - Maintenance of Title Fee
The fee payable to the Kennel Club for continued
A reminder to societies is published in the October and January
editions of the Kennel Club Journal. Fees must be paid by 31
January by cheque unless the society has a direct debit
arrangement. Secretaries should confirm with the society's bank
before January that the arrangement is in place. In the event of
any change to the society's account details, the direct debit
should be re-confirmed. Societies with branches must pay their
branch fees at the same time.
Breed Councils do not pay Maintenance of Title fee.
July - Annual Returns
Information required to confirm the society is operating in
accordance with Kennel Club Regulations.
Reminders are published in the January and July editions of the
Kennel Club Journal.
The following must be submitted by 31 July.
Breed Societies, General Canine and Training Societies:
- A list of current officers and committee members with their
addresses and telephone numbers.
A copy of the annual statement of accounts certified in accordance
with the rules of the society and approved at the last Annual
General Meeting of the society.
- A copy of the current constitution/rules, highlighting any
proposed amendments for which Kennel Club approval is
- The number of members of the society as at the end of the
society's financial year.
- A declaration of matches/Gundog Working Tests held in the
previous year and details of those proposed in the following year.
Kennel Club permission is not required to hold matches.
- N.B. Health declarations are no longer part of the annual
health returns process. It is the role of the Breed Health
Co-ordinators who are now responsible for submitting an annual
health report each year to the Kennel Club. If you have any further
questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Societies with branches must also submit a list of registered
branches, together with contact details of the Secretary and
Chairman of each branch.
- Breed Councils must submit items 1, 2 and 3 as listed
previously, together with the current judges list and criteria, and
a list of constituent societies.
- Ringcraft Societies are not required to submit Annual Returns,
but must notify the Kennel Club of changes in officers and
committee members, seek approval of any proposed amendments to the
rules and submit a declaration of matches held.
Agricultural and Municipal Societies:
- A list of current officers and committee members of the canine
section with their addresses and telephone numbers.
- A copy of the annual statement of accounts of the canine
- A copy of the current constitution/rules of the canine section,
highlighting any proposed amendments for which Kennel Club
permission is required.
November - Applications for Championship
Application forms for Championship Status for two years ahead are
printed in the November edition of the Kennel Club Journal.
Trial applications are sent directly to the Societies in