After becoming a member of a Field Trial society, attending training sessions and entering a number of Gundog Working Tests, you may feel ready to enter a Field Trial. You can find out what trials are scheduled for the forthcoming season in a number of ways:
Working Gundog Activities
As well as Field Trials and Gundog Working Tests, competitors can take part in a range of gundog activities which include the following:
Five Gundog Championships take place each year. These include:
- The IGL Retriever Championship
- The Cocker Spaniel Championship
- The English Springer Spaniel Championship
- The Pointer and Setter Champion Stake
- The Hunt, Point and Retrieve Championship.
To find out more information about these prestigious events, click here.
Field Trials Awards
Not only are Field Trials and working gundog activities a rewarding test of you and your dog's ability, they also provide an opportunity to achieve Kennel Club Field Trial awards. To find out about the different awards and how you can attain them click here.
A number of prestigious field trials annual trophy awards are on offer each year. To find out if you are eligible click here:
- The Routledge Rank Trophy - This is awarded to the owner of the Retriever which has gained the most points in a season.
- The Hanlye Trophy- This is awarded to the breeder of the winner of the Routledge Rank Cup. It was presented by Brig. Thomas Fairfax-Ross in memory of his wife, Felicite.
- The Gavosie Trophy- This is awarded to the female handler accruing the most points at Field Trials during a season and can be awarded in any of the sub-groups of Retrievers, Spaniels, Pointers and Setters and HPR.
Field Trials Liaison Council
The Field Trials Liaison Council is an annual forum for the proposal and discussion of items generated directly from Field Trials Societies, Clubs and individuals. It is an opportunity for the Field Trials fraternity to put requests, changes, problems and discussion items forward to each other and the Kennel Club. For more information about the Field Trials Liaison Council and how to get your voice heard click here.