Have you bred three or more dogs of the same breed? Do you want to be amongst the very Best of British breeders at Crufts next year? If so, the Crufts Breeders Competition is the perfect chance to show off your breeding stock.
Originally launched on January 15th 2009, the prestigious Breeders' Competition makes a return as a stand-alone competition on the Saturday of Crufts 2017. The competition gives breeders the opportunity to showcase their skill and knowledge as a breeder.
The competition will have a maximum of 60 teams and will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
How to enter the Breeders' Competition
The regulations for this special competition are as follows:
- Each team must comprise three or four exhibits of the same breed.
- Each dog must have its own handler.
- Dogs do not need to be entered in a breed class at the show.
- All dogs must have the same registered breeder or breeder partnership. No combination of different breeders is permitted.
- Judges at the show are ineligible to enter.
- Breeders may enter more than one team.
- Any Variety Imported Register Breeds may not compete in this competition.
- Entries will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. Therefore, KC Regulation F(1)9(d) does not apply.
The entry fee for each group will be £10, payable online via a link to the Crufts office which will be published in due course. Exhibitors are also advised that ‘pre judging’ will be in operation on the Saturday from 2pm onwards. Further details will be released soon.