Progressing in Canicross
Unlike in other disciplines where you can progress through classes and rounds, in Canicross you progress by taking part in different courses and as you develop in age.
- Competitors must be aged at least 8 years on the day of the competition to take part in a Canicross race.
- Competitors below 14 years of age on the day of the competition are not eligible to enter races of more than 5km (3miles) in length, and mu be accompanied throughout the race by a responsible adult (who may run or use a bicycle).
- Competitors below 17 years of age on the day of the competition are not eligible to enter races of more than 8km (5 miles) in length.
- Competitors below 18 years of age on the day of the competition are note eligible to enter races of more than 21km (13 miles) in length.
- Competitors entering a race of more than 16km (10 miles) must have successfully completed at least one race of at least 10km (6 miles) with the same dog in six months prior to the day of the race. Proof will be required.